Size Exclusion Chromatography
SEC columns separate components according to their molecular size in solution, larger molecules eluting first. Separation is achieved by the differential exclusion or inclusion of components within the packing material particles. In addition to the separation of discrete components, the technique is used for characterising the molecular weight distribution of polymers. Silica and polymer based SEC column types are available.
Gel permeation chromatography (GPC) refers to the SEC separation of organic soluble polymers using an organic solvent as the eluent. Gel filtration chromatography (GFC) refers to the separation of water soluble polymers in aqueous eluents.
Hichrom supply a wide range of SEC columns.
- Eprogen silica-based SEC columns - please contact Hichrom for further details
- MCI polymer-based SEC columns - please contact Hichrom for further details
- PolymerLabs polymer-based SEC columns
- PolyLC silica-based SEC columns
- Showa Denko silica and polymer-based SEC columns
- Thermo Scientific silica and polymer-based SEC columns
- Tosoh Bioscience silica and polymer-based SEC columns
- ZORBAX silica-based SEC columns - please contact Hichrom for further details
For individual advice contact our Technical Support team