Gas chromatography is a valuable analytical technique, capable of separating and quantifying a wide variety of sample mixtures and producing very reliable results for long periods of time. Used extensively in the food, environmental and chemical industries it also has wide applicability in many other areas. The technique uses a gas (usually helium and hydrogen) as a carrier for the injected sample, which is vaporised using elevated temperatures. Today the GC column market is dominated by capillary/open wall type GC columns but packed GC columns still remain an important option in some application areas. As for liquid chromatography, there are useful classifications of GC column specifications by USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) number and EP (European Pharmacopoeia) description.
Chiral GC columns are also offered by some manufacturers including Macherey-Nagel and GL Sciences.
Hichrom offer a wide range of GC columns and supplies.
- Agilent GC columns
- Chiral GC columns
- GL Sciences GC columns
- GC derivatization reagents
- Hichrom GC columns - please contact Hichrom for further information
- Macherey-Nagel GC columns - please contact Hichrom for further information
- Supelco GC columns - please contact Hichrom for further information
- Thermo Scientific GC columns
For individual advice contact our Technical Support team